Request for Proposals: The Global Midwest RFP: The Global Midwest Application Deadline closed on October 30, 2014, 5 PM CST
We encourage humanities scholars to submit proposals for Global Midwest projects.
All proposals submitted must include investigators from at least two HWW centers, in addition to other participants, in order to be eligible.
Full application information, including eligibility, awards, requirements, and links to the cover sheet and budget template can be found via the Humanities Without Walls Website
All forms also posted here
Applications must be submitted via the APPLICATION PORTAL
Criteria for selecting Global Midwest funded projects
(these criteria are in addition to the expectation that all eligibility requirements have been met by the applicants)
Overall, the committee should aim for a fairly even distribution of funding awards across the consortial institutions if at all possible.
· Overall excellence of the proposed research project
· Productivity track-record of the applicants (how likely are they to produce outcomes within the grant period or a reasonable period thereafter?)
· Is the work plan realistic/practical/realizable within the time frame of the grant?
· Is the budget carefully constructed and reasonable for the proposed work?
· Do the qualifications of the applicants match the proposed work to be conducted?
· Does the proposed project rely on cross-institutional collaboration, or could this project be conducted without consortial collaboration?
· Does the proposed project demonstrate innovative methods of research that are specific to the collaborative nature of this initiative?
· Are the proposed outcomes realistically formulated, and are they of demonstrable impact? Is the intellectual contribution of clear significance?
For additional questions, please see the FAQ page
which is continually being updated. For questions not addressed in the FAQ, please contact the Humanities Without Walls project office directly: HWW-Manager@illinois.edu
Telephone 1: 217-300-3711
Telephone 2: 217-300-3590