Guidelines for Applications
The proposal narrative should be approximately 1,500 words in length and address the following:
• The significance of Hull-House to the applicant’s research and teaching
• How the applicant will utilize Hull-House and Progressive Era history in their lectures and work
• Applicant’s stated commitment to full-participation to goals of the project and participation in seminars
• The applicant’s ability to implement course modules
Proposals will be evaluated by Jane Addams Hull-House Museum and the Institute for the Humanities senior staff. Keep in mind, therefore, that your proposal should be addressed to academic readers who may not be specialists in your field.
Letter of Support
Applicants must submit a letter of support from their department chair or college dean. The most successful letters of support show a detailed knowledge of the candidate’s past work, including research and teaching, and address directly the importance of the project and the candidate’s qualifications to apply it to their academic and course work.
How to Apply
A complete application will include:
• Materials from applicant
• One letter of support
Applicant material should be submitted electronically as one .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following convention when naming the PDF file:
HullHouse_CommonGood_Lastname_Firstname.pdf (For example: HullHouse_CommonGood_Smith_Jane.pdf)
The PDF file should include, in this order:
1) One cover sheet
2) One Proposal: Roughly 1,500 words. Proposals should describe concisely how the applicant plans to apply Hull-House and Progressive Era history in their teaching and area of research. Please double space proposals and use 12-point font.
3) One Curriculum Vitae
4) Letter of Support: Letters should be sent directly to the Jane Addams Hull-House Museum and can arrive via email, mail, or fax.
We will notify the applicant when materials arrive. Announcements will be made on April 15, 2016.
Please contact Lauren Rhodes, Associate Director at Jane Addams Hull-House museum with any questions by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 312-355-5301.
Completed applications are due Friday, March 18, 2016